These travel tips for empaths will help keep you from feeling drained on your next adventure.
July 23, 2023
Styled by Light is supported by readers. If you purchase something I genuinely recommend via an affiliate link I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you!
Travel Tips for Empaths
As highly empathic and energetically sensitive, I know the end-of-day drain, anxious energy, and unexplained emotional waves you can experience when traveling.
Vacationing, especially at a resort or other busy location, can be exhausting for empaths.
Though I don’t believe we should constantly concern ourselves with picking up other people’s energy (empaths are designed to sample the energy of others), I do believe that energetic awareness and self-care are key to optimal living.
Here are my 7 travel tips for empaths.
Travel tips for empaths: #1
Energetically Clear Your Hotel Room
People who’ve stayed in the room before you can leave behind energetic imprints, so space clearing is key upon arrival.
Connect with the energy of your room. Does it feel light or heavy?
If heavy, here are some ways to clear the space:
- Close your eyes and visualize yourself breathing in light through your crown chakra. Then, with a long exhale, blast it throughout the room from your heart chakra.
- Stand in your power and demand that any lower energy leaves and go back to its source with love.
- Use some room-clearing spray. (This DIY linen spray can be doubled as a room-clearing spray — just use energetically cleansing essential oils like frankincense, sage, or palo santo. You can even place a selenite crystal in the mixture or sit one beside it overnight to enhance the frequency of the spray.)
- Use a MagHealy on the Energy Clearing program.
Related Post: All-Natural DIY Linen Spray
Self-care and energetic hygene are essential for empaths to thrive — especially when traveling.
Travel tips for empaths: #2
Eat as Clean as Possible
It’s fun to indulge a bit on vacation but try not to go overboard because processed, fatty, and fried foods can lower your vibration, making you more aligned to disharmonious frequencies.
Choose fresh, organic, whole foods when possible.
Also, be mindful of the quality of water you’re consuming. At least half of your body is made up of water which carries an electric charge and impacts your frequency.
Travel tips for empaths: #3
Shield Your Energy in Crowds
I don’t believe that shielding your energy at all times is healthy. We’re meant to experience the energy of others, but constant crowds can be incredibly draining for empaths.
If you’re going to a busy restaurant, musical performance, or other show, I suggest putting some form of energetic shielding in place. Here are some options:
- Carry a black tourmaline or selenite crystal in your pocket, or wear it as jewelry.
- Visualize a gold or platinum protective bubble of light around you.
- Ask your spiritual support team to keep any disharmonious energy from penetrating your energetic field.
- Use a Healy on the Energetic Defence program (you don’t need wristbands for this program).
- And the most important: own the power of your own light. Believe that your light cannot be dimmed by any energy you come in contact with.
Related Post: 3 Simple but Powerful Energy Clearing Methods
Travel tips for empaths: #4
Ground your Energy
Earthing (standing with bare feet on the ground) daily is an effortless energetic grounding exercise that can stabilize your energy, as well as even help with things like jet lag, sleep quality, and inflammation due to the transfer of electrons (source).
If you can’t get outside, instead stand on the floor and visualize your feet soaking up light from the core of the earth like tree roots soak up water.
Travel tips for empaths: #5
Get Some Alone Time
Alone time is essential for empaths.
Go for a daily morning walk or find a quiet lounge.
Give yourself at least an hour a day to recharge away from others and then get back at it.
Related Post: 8 Life-Changing Reasons Women Need a Solo Getaway
Travel tips for empaths: #6
Use a Tuning Fork
If you feel like you’ve picked up some heavy energy or unexplained emotion, a tuning fork can be really helpful.
Place it close to where you feel the energy in your body (if you’re not sure, put it near your head) then slowly move it away from you as if guiding the energy off of you. Do this several times until you feel some relief.
If you have anxious energy, hold the base of the tuning fork on your chest.
Travel tips for empaths: #7
Vacations should be a balance of restfulness and fun.
When you deprioritize sleep, you throw both your body and energetic field out of alignment. Making you more susceptible to catching a bug or attracting disharmonious energy.
Also, try to lie down before you’re exhausted. Resting before sleep will allow your body and energetic field time to release excess energy that otherwise could disrupt sleep.
Have any other travel tips for empaths? I’d love to hear about them in the comments.